Sunday, June 10, 2012

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

I have now made this recipe twice and my oldest son Nicholas told me not to loose this recipe. I love the flavor and how light this bread is despite being a banana bread. Here is the recipe.

Double Chocolate Banana Bread Or Muffins

1 1/4 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
3 mashed banana's
1/2 cup of soy milk
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of chocolate chips

Pre heat oven to 350 F

In your mixer place margarine and sugar, beat together and add eggs and bananas. Add Soy milk and extract. Mix together and add cocoa, flour and soda, mix together until batter forms and flour is incorporated add chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan or loaf pans see below.
 This recipe will make 24 muffins or 2 loaves or 1 loaf and 12 muffins. 
*When I make this batter up I split the mix in half and do 12 muffins and one loaf pan. I used a glass loaf pan, if you use a metal one you may find your loaf takes longer.
 Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
I made and served mine with a lovely loose leaf Earl Gray tea I received for my birthday called Famous Earl Grey (For Ronnefeldt Tea web site click here)

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment