Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Whimsey Jar Tea Swap I just made

Today I created a Teat themed Whimsey Jar for my Swap-bot Partner in our Tea Lovers Group. I love making Whimsey Jars and sending them. This was a swap I organized and I can not wait to send this to my Florida Partner! The swap called for a Tastefully Decorated Jar that had to be at least the size of a Peanut Butter Jar and could be plastic so I sent mine in a Mayonnaise Jar. You had to add 4 different tea bags, 4 napkins, a recipe and a tea light.

My swap partner likes Loose leaf tea like I do so I put together enough tea for a good sized pot of

Murchies Earl Grey  and

 Murchies Lavender Black tea


I added a Vanilla Rooibos tea with one of my tea labels that says "Keep calm and drink tea" that I ordered from Favors Favors Etsy Shop  and a Scottish Malt Tea.

I did include a recipe for Lonsdale Scones as well

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream tartar
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter, margarine or lard
Enough milk to make a soft dough.
Roll out and cut your dough or drop on to a greased cookie sheet .
Sift all the dry ingredient together, mix in the butter by hand until the mixture is like bread crumbs, add enough milk to form a soft dough.

Bake at 400 F for 15 min or until golden brown

Enjoy with tea and jam of course!

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment